Old 08-26-2018, 02:17 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  
soberista

Originally Posted by Cosima11 View Post
Loving all the comments from everyone. The theme of hollowness or emptiness has been coming up a lot lately, and I happened to come across this video so thought I'd share.. Wish I had more to say myself but I'm actually trying to take a bit of a break from reflecting so heavily on all my behaviors and conditions. Sure I'll be right back to it soon enough though..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg5Aw94f4TQ&t=45s
I cant say I identify with this Eckhart Tolle. I have read his books etc so find understanding in a great deal of what he writes about however this hollow feeling I am trying to describe is not of the mind, not of thought (hence possibly why I cant put it into words). I tried to put my finger on it yesterday, meditate on it, I just ended up crying and still at a loss as to explain where it comes from. And by the time I had got my meditation at its door....it was gone. The only way I can put it into words is as though there is this sudden overwhelming feeling of emptiness that washes over me. And in a way its not a bad or negative feeling...its just a void for a moment and then life kicks back in a again. I shall raise it to consciousness today and whilst painting watch wait and see.