View Single Post
Old 08-26-2018, 01:14 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Kath50

Originally Posted by babycat View Post
Hi Kath. I know how scary (and unpleasant) the bleeding can be. I have bled quite badly for years now. In my case, it is hemorrhoids. I mean blood could be just kind of almost gushing (sorry to be so graphic but there ya go). I went to many docs and was completely honest about my drinking and they said that was not it, but I am sure it did not help with alcohol being a blood thinner. Eventually I was hospitalized for severe anemia. So far, I have only had to use suppositories (another fun time) but I may eventually have to have them surgically banded. Anyway, long story short, bleeding does not always mean the worst. I think hemorrhoids are actually the most common reason for it. Have they looked for that?
No they haven’t checked for it although the first doctor mentioned it around Christmas. I’ve read though that there is usually pain that comes with it and I haven’t experienced that. Oddly enough since writing this message yesterday, I went to the bathroom in the evening and when I wiped there was a small bright red bit of blood on the tissue. Thank you all, I think another trip to the doctors needed