View Single Post
Old 08-24-2018, 07:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Leana

I am sincerely sorry that someone else had to learn the hard way what a sorry state our justice system is in in this country. While reading your original post I had to resist the urge to post because you had hope the system would work and I am so jaded I didn't want to be rude.

My grand child's father knows exactly how our court system works and he manipulates it royally. He stole my checks, forged my signature and cashed them. I pressed charges (after being threatened that I would never see my grand child if I did). He showed up to court begged forgiveness, said how sad he was that I had to file charges against him considering he was "family" (BS- you jackass you were my daughter's bf and my grandchild's father, you are not my family). But he was forgiven (by the court) he promised to repay my money and the charges were dismissed. He never repaid and then didn't show up for the adjudication hearing. He was arrested and charged with bad checks, and forgery again (by a stranger this time), and the same damn thing, promised to pay, didn't and was a no show at the adjudication. I just learned he was charged yet a third time last week. Just waiting for the court to allow him to do the same damn thing again.

He now owes thousands to all of us he stole from. And the hysterical thing...the judge is actually surprised when he doesn't show up to court. I am sitting there laughing (and I get chastised by the judge) at how broken our system is. Oh and on top of this he's been a no show the last 5 supervised visits and hasn't paid a damn dime in child support in 10 months. The only hope I have is that my daughter, now away from him has been sober for a year. So that is good news.

I hope you get better from our legal system but I doubt you will. Sorry.