View Single Post
Old 08-24-2018, 09:13 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
PalmerSage

Wow, what an amazing post and a very compelling list. Congratulations on 2 days, of course everyone...whether they have been sober for a week or 50 years...has started where you are now. The challenge is to build upon that without snowballing, thinking too far into the future and paralyzing yourself with the enormity of it all, if that makes any sense. The "one day at a time" philosophy, only committing to the 24 hours directly in front of you.

For me, when I finally stopped drinking I was in a very similar spot to where you are now...no crazy consequences YET, but more of a feeling of being completely drained and half dead, not really living my life at all. 8 months later, I'm in a completely different headspace, I would be hard pressed to name any element of my life which is not vastly improved.

I would do as Dee suggested, and join the August 2018 class. Post there constantly. Drink a ton of water, eat whatever sounds good (your rock-hard physique can wait a few months, trust me on that). Think of activities that you can do instead of drinking alcohol to cope with triggers, such as boredom or stress. You can absolutely do this, and we are here to help you.