Thread: Gabe's Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2018, 04:39 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Gabe1980

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I think it is a significant shift too.

I have just been talking about this with another SR on Messenger....for some of us, no matter what happens or how ill we make ourselves, there is this persisting to desire to drink. Sure, the AV eases up over time.....absolutely....but for some of us the niggle of resentment never goes away....or maybe it takes a long time.

Or maybe shifting to a new country and everything I have done was just a bit much and my AV started screaming again....my point is I accept that I just might always have this come up occasionally. This resentment that I can't drink. That's what meetings are for....awesome to stand up and share that. The laughter is brilliant...the jokes....awww, poor Suzanne, tired of having an awesome life are you? It's too hard? What, because things go wrong....that's called living girl....and what else, you resent looking 10 years younger than your age and being vibrant? Sure, of course.... It goes on...you resent being a valuable member of the community do you?

My head is a dangerous place....if I listen to the fears and the stupid thoughts, I would be in trouble. So I tell them thanks for sharing and get support. And as time goes by, I notice that I am way stronger in my recovery than I thought I was...one day at a time.
This is just a great post to read Suze, thanks so much. It's exactly the type of thing I need too. My head is the problem, I have an untrained mind.......I made a decision this week to make my mind a more hospitable and harmonious place to live....beacuse it runs riot and becomes a painful place to be.

There is that Buddhist description of the untrained mind being like a chattering monkey, so I talk to my monkey now, help her relax and calm down

I think the greatest thing I can away with from that meeting is that there is no shame. There is no shame because everyone has felt that shame and can completely empathise. It was such a liberating thing because I still blame myself for all of this and it can be crushing.

I am so lucky to have you around Suze xx