View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 03:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
GreenChair

I'm no longer frustrated. I'm enraged.

This guy was supposed to be in court last Friday for the TWENTY FELONIES and I was just informed by the county prosecutor's office that he was a no-show and a warrant has been issued for his arrest.

I was assured that he was on home detention, so how the heck does he end up in the wind? I assumed (NEVER ASSUME) that home detention means ankle bracelet. I guess not.

I am so incredibly pissed off!

I was asked to enter my victim's impact statement electronically in addition to the form I'd sent to them months ago. I just finished it, but decided to "save and finish later" rather than "submit". I'm so glad, because my closing statement WAS about trusting His Honor to impose a sentence w/o guidance from me, but the only thing I asked for was that this guy be required to attend counseling, whether incarcerated or in drug court ("I have been informed he's made application to drug court, and I have no objection... ), because ".... he is young and can become a better person and live a life he can be proud of as a productive member of society... blah blah blah." Thank God I didn't send that. If he blew off a court date, there is no way he's going to jump through all the hoops of drug court. So just lock him up now and let's all move on.