View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 11:51 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by daveycrockett View Post
I was here about 6 to 7 years ago and found support. I was in a better place then and was able to help others too. Yes we can recover but with me I'll never be real good again. I still need the support of a friend or family member. I appreciate your replies and support.
Roadblocks. Do you find yourself putting up your own roadblocks?

When you're feeling more hopeful and less depressed you look forward, you make plans to conquer things and you do that.

You mention you still need the support of a friend or family member. With that i'm reading there is support all around me of all different types but what i need is - "this" - whatever that is that you don't really have at the moment.

It's that - if, if I had this and if this were that way. These things will come with time, no doubt. Acceptance that this is not happening right now and a plan to work around that might be helpful.

Depression is talking, talk to back to it, don't let it rule your life.

As for the wanting to drink, the reason I mentioned AA is because it might just be different this time around. I know you have many days where you can't leave the house, but on those days when it seems possible are there meetings nearby? You just might find the key is there, in the support of other people who have been where you are.

Don't let your previous experience cloud what might be something really good in your life.