Thread: realization
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 04:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
laurenlanai

realization

So lately I have been thinking about alot of things and I have had some major changes in my life this past week and I would like to thank my higher power and AA for making it all happen. I know that I have had my challenges especially when it comes to AA but the thing that I lost was my open-mind. I will have 3 years on the 17th and I almost took a drink about a month ago. This past year has been real challenging for me and that is only because I made it that. The AA program worked so well for me for the first 2 years of my sobriety and so I make this brilliant decision that I can do it on my own, WRONG. I still went to to a few meetings but my heart wasnt in it. At those meetings I would share against my own will, only shared because that was what I was taught in the beginning, and leave every meeting with an instant resentment. THen I guess you could say I was at that jumping off point again. So I made the decision to throw my self back into AA and working with others. Can you believe that it worked? Haha.....Well it did and I know that I need to keep my program above everything else or I will lose all. Thanks for listening
Lauren