View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 10:43 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

Boxin…..I have been thinking , a lot, about your situation....and how difficult it must be....

It just seems incredible to me, in this day and age. I am not a lawyer, of course, but I wish that I was...so I could give you some informed advice....
I had always been under the impression, that in this day and time, that a couple could get divorced, by just following some procedures....if there was no conflict that required intervention by the courts...like children, property, etc....
Even...even...if only one of them filed for and wanted the divorce.....but, the other one didn't.
I know that there is a waiting period...like, maybe a year...? And, that there be no co-habitation during that time....

so, I thought.....Boxin has no minor children with him, and no property to divide, and they are not cohabitating, and she has already filed....so....so, why can't she just get a restraining order against him for his harassment of her....and just wait out the year, or so, in peace...?
LOL...I know that I must be missing something...!

By the way, I have a feeling that he agreed to the 90 day thing, with the idea that he, surely, could get you to change your mind, before the 90 days were over--if he just pestered you enough.....?!