View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 12:39 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

gnc...there are many, many parents, in this forum that have/had the same concerns. Reading how they have coped, might help you...(there are thousands of members, here)…..
There are such things as soberlink, and supervised visits, etc.....

It might be a good idea to start a separate thread, asking, specifically, how those who have faced this fear, have coped......I think it might get a lot of response...especially, if you continue to post, also.....

I see that you are in a place of lots of internal conflict. Bottom line, you want him to be sober and live a sober life....and, he looks pretty resistant--at least--at this point....(lots of red flags that say he isn't ready)…..lol...you wanted him to get sober---not just "go to rehab"with gritted teeth)…..

He still has about a couple of weeks of rehab left...?
Can you find an alanon group....many of them will let you bring the child...(I don't know how old she is)….or, start seeing our own counselor, who is schooled in alcoholism....(some people actually do both)….
You are going to need lots of support to get through this....but you CAN get through this.....as million ns of women, before you, have.....