View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 04:35 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
DontRemember

Originally Posted by CoParentToA View Post
I'd like to think that if I started to see signs that XAH was drinking, the sponsor would be in a position to reach out to him / offer support in a way that I myself would not be.

Am I not thinking about this correctly?

Right now, the only thing I can do is file something that asserts he is drinking. He responds to say that he is NOT drinking. We work with a GAL to mediate a few more months of SoberLink. Rinse, repeat.
**I've never had a sponsor nor do I sponsor anyone** That said..If I was a sponsor and someone was drinking again..I'd call them one time..If I didn't hear back I'd 'fire' that sponsee. At the same time; I would not be comfortable being involved with a sponsee's family drama. For an extra aside: There's some strange people in(and outside of) the rooms of AA. I'd never trust them with the 'wellbeing' of my daughter. If anything,it'd be the exact opposite had my exAwf tried to go that route.

Edit: If I were you, i'd petition for 1 more year of sober link. Just know..you can not expect him to stay on it forever. At some point you will have to let go of that 'control' and hope for the best from him.