View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 03:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
CoParentToA

[/I]If I was the sponsor, I would not agree to a meeting with a spouse for the purpose of letting an ex wife in on the private sessions. I don't think you can force something like this. Part of the success of the Steps is dependent on discretion on the part of meeting members and sponsors. [/I]

Really not my intent to "get let in on private sessions" here.

My main motivation is understanding whether my ex actually HAS a sponsor - and if so, to have someone to reach out to if I think he's drinking again.

Look, I know the "rules" of AA.

But I have to say, as a parent of young children whom I seriously CANNOT protect, it's pretty hard to be in a position where the ONLY thing you can do if you're worried they are in danger is file an order with the court, which takes months and thousands of dollars and is only temporary because a charming alcoholic can convince a judge that he's really serious about his recovery this time.

Easy enough to say his recovery is his business, I suppose, when you have zero control over his decision to put two elementary-aged kids into his car and driving them stone drunk.