View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 03:20 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  
snitch

Morning all from New Jersey!

Aaagghhh I have just woke from an awful drinking dream! I dreamt I went out with my crew and drank and woke up the next day hungover and couldnt remember anything about the evening but I felt awful and really upset and disapointed that I was back at day one and was worrying about telling my sponsor. I am sitting here with so much relief it was just a dream but the awful thing is I actually did use to live my life like that constantly. Yuck!

Hey Vipe. So sorry you feel so bad. I am no expert but this doesn't sound like alcohol detox. From what I have read it takes about 3-5 days to detox from alcohol and up to 10 days to get it all out of your system. I know there is PAWS. Post acute withdrawl symptons. Have you looked at the symptons for that? But in my opinion and I am no doctor (although I like to think I am sometimes!!) This is something else. If you were prescribed antibiotics would it not help to take them? I really hope you feel better soon but I am so proud of you for not putting a drink on top of it all. Yes a drink would numb the pain for a bit but it would just be like sticking a plaster over a gunshot wound and eventually you would have to quit again and go through all of this...AGAIN. which you now know you don't have to! Hang in there, get back to the ER or doctors for some ANSWERS. And take care of yourself.

Hey Donny, Daisy, Blusey and Erratic! Glad to see you all today.

Hi Dee. I read your story the other night on the Recovery Stories page. It was very inspirational!!!! Thank you for sharing it.

Well I am just gonna make a green tea. My skin keeps flaring up and I think it may be dairy related. So am cutting all dairy for 2 weeks. I just love my tea with milk so much (am so British lol) that will be the hardest for me to quit but I do like green tea and twinings do an apple and elderflower one which I love so will be drinking that. Oh my, I sound like a right old granny don't I???!!!! Gonna force myself to do a workout then get some nice food from the Kona Grill which is right outside my hotel. Bliss!

Have a great day all x x