View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 02:41 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by daveycrockett View Post
I'm trying my best to psyche myself up enough to get help. It is a very difficult thing for me to do.
Pretty much darn near impossible I am thinking?

The thing is, it's really a fear/control issue, I totally understand that. What you really have to keep in mind is that regardless of who you see, you are in control.

I wouldn't worry about dialing that 3 digit number you don't want to dial, maybe that's too much drama for you to handle. How about a simple walk in clinic near your house?

The most important thing to remember is you are in charge. No one can do anything medical to you that you don't request. You don't have to go to the lab for blood work, you don't have to let them do anything. Now you are probably thinking well then why the heck would I go! Well, you would be able to sit and discuss with a doctor about your concerns. You might be able to get medication for your anxiety.

Basically it's a step in the right direction. If you can get medication for the anxiety, you might be able to go for further treatment. Maybe you would then be comfortable enough (after getting used to the medication) to discuss your concerns and anxiety in more detail next time, that kind of thing.

Baby steps!

Remember, they are Doctors and see people with mental illness all the time. They are not there to judge you or force you to do anything, they actually want to help you.

Level with them.

I think, most important right now is to stop the catastrophic thinking as much as possible. Remember a few weeks ago you couldn't leave the house. Now you have started eating, spoken to people, been out of the house and even drove to the store.