Old 08-12-2018, 07:13 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Arthox

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
That stuff is good Arthox. What about support like an AA meeting?
There's this local place for people to be sober. It has a stupid acronym, but it might be beneficial. They go bowling and camping, and I'm really good at bof those things.

I can attend an AA/NA meeting any day of the week. I went to them and support groups for a year. They don't help me. The people are usually really dumb and fiendish. Half of them are high and/or drunk and then they go on huge lying rants about random ****. It stresses me out and makes me want to drink. They all drink coffee and smoke cigarettes at these places. I can't drink coffee or smoke right now for medical reasons. Then you sprinkle in a little bit of Jesus and prayer. I've been to church on acid. I think I understand the gist of religion. It's useful for some people. It's great. If a book can concrete ideas so people don't kill and rape my family, that's fantastic. It doesn't help me to talk about this storybook though, when my subconscious is saying: "DRINK. LEAVE. DRINK. LEAVE. DRINK." Feels like setting myself up for failure. Maybe.

I guess I feel like I'm separating myself from the number of days and the people. I guess I'm keeping the pen to the page. It's easier to stay sober that way, when it's not in my face. Out of sight, etc.

Should I go to an AA meeting?