Old 08-12-2018, 06:40 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Arthox

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
arthox, this
I'm going for forced self-rehabilitation.
is quite concerning to read.from your very first thread:
I can't cure whatever this mental pain problem I have is
I need help
I need real help.

here- take a read

read this,too:

and this:
[

theres a few common themes in all of them:
-doin it on your own
-excuses why you can stop
-leaving the door open for drinking
- not WANTING recovery.

ya think maybe its time to look at this all differently? maybe WANT to stop drinking?
then be WILLING to go to any lengths for that-lengths that dont include self rehab,which seems to get ya drunk?
Thank you. I honestly, REALLY needed that. The dates on those posts are what got me. How many times in such a short stint can I keep up this mad act? That really ****ed with my head. I am 9 days sober. Nothing profound has happened other than I'm keeping my #1 priority in ALL OF LIFE to not drink. I went to bed early on Friday and Saturday. My roommate bought a bottle last night, so I meditated, then went to bed early. I don't feel well enough to go on a morning walk yet. The watch that I wear feels heavy, I've lost so much weight these past two weeks. I'm boiling golden potatoes, carrots, celery, and cabbage in a pot and only adding minimum salt. Sticking to apple juice to release dopamine. Lots of water. I bought CBD oil and started taking St. John's Wort; they're kind of kicking my alcohol cravings entirely, somehow, but I know that will soon be untrue.

XXXXXXXXX

Last edited by Arthox; 08-12-2018 at 06:53 AM. Reason: platypuses are poisonous egg-laying mammals that swim