Thread: Hi, all
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 03:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Stayingsassy

Originally Posted by D122y View Post
Staying,

I adjusted my eating lifestyle over the last several weeks to a protien and high quality carb approach.

I learned it while listening in on a conversation at the gym.

I can eat a bunch, but I try not to eat any processed carbs/sugars... e.g. bread, pasta, sweets. I pretty much drink water, coffee, and tea only.

I periodically...every 3 to 10.... days eat what ever I want. But, the go to diet is healthy proteins...chicken, beef, fish....and quality carbs...like spinach, cabbage, squash etc. I use cheese, mayonnaise, apple cider vin., olive oil, seasonings etc. All the time too.

When I was a drunk I was stuck at about 250. It was in a pathetic high bp diabetes and death inducing state.

When I quit being a drunk, I slowly, as in still going, improved my diet and ramped up the physical activity.

I am sitting at 215 today. My lowest weight was 197, but that was a lot of water weight.

I believe diet is 80%. Diet changes everything.

Thanks.
I believe it too. In fact, part of the reason I wasn't here is I was struggling so hard with food that I didn't feel like I had anything to give here and my problem seemed so different to me than what people are struggling with at SR even though I know addiction really is just addiction.

I recommend the show "Mom.". whoever wrote that show knows addiction personally. The stages of the recovering. Anyway as the heroine nears the end of her first year sober from alcohol, her cross addictions start kicking the **** out of her. For her it's gambling and risky sex. For me it's food. she has to contend with the repercussions of her cross addictions and there's a lot of denial: she acts like she's got it all figured out but you see her getting cocky because she licked alcohol, then her life crumbling at the seams a bit because she is cross-addicted.

So out of desperation I pulled out my old Atkins 1972 book. I had bought it at a thrift store a couple years back. First week carbs are super low to get insulin levels way down. I'm eating but not too hungry and the pounds are dropping. Even my foot hurts a bit less. Atkins day 3.

Those of you doing keto: it's atkins, people! They just call it by another name now.