Thread: Angry. . .
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 08:14 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
fml23

Originally Posted by mamabear26 View Post
Yes, I did comment on your thread earlier. I can totally empathize with you on dealing with enabling MIL's. I haven't had direct contact with my XMIL since May when she unexpected showed up to my house on my son's bday while I had family and friends over for a party. This was the last straw for me. She was not invited and did this on purpose to draw attention. She had all day to wish my son a HBD but she choose to wait until I had a house full of people to do so. I told my X about her showing. He said he would talk to her. Then I sent her a text asking her to ask me before hand if she would like to see kids and that she needed to stop showing unexpectedly to my home, parents home and kids school without my knowledge or permission. I haven't heard from her since. I had no choice but to establish boundaries with her. Im still learning how to work through the angry and I will definitely share with you how and when I reach that stage of complete peace : )
Ack! Are you sure our Xs aren’t related?? I know all about using children’s bday parties and public events to draw attention. Sounds like you handled this beautifully so I hope you give yourself credit! Funny how they go no contact when a totally normal boundary is established...

Today I worked through my deep rage by dancing around the ABBA in my living my room and playing freeze dance with DD. It was ridiculous but I felt better. That’s all I got. Physical movement is the only thing I have found when I feel the churning anger.