View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 07:36 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Delilah1

Dee,

Thanks for continuing to monitor posts, and removing any that are hurtful, or unkind. I am sorry that you've had to make a post like this again.

I can share that I joined SR in 2012, and found amazing support. I relapsed after s bit, and when I returned some of the unkind posts made me not want to log on and be honest about my strugggles, which is the whole point of the Newcomers forum.

I now have been back and sober since January 1, 2016 and the support I have found on this site is absolutely amazing. I still check in daily, and I always try to offer supportive posts to at least a few in the Newcomers section, as well as I. Our 24 hour thread.

Anyone in Newcomers needs to remember how vulnerable someone feels posting, especially when first starting to grapple with getting sober. If you are frustrated with someone who may have relapsed again you also have the option of not responding to that post. Newcomers need support, not lectures or rants.

I am so appreciative of Dee and Anna, and all of the others who help to keep this site a wonderfully supportive environment.

Someone asked if Dee would message someone if they posted something inappropriate, and I can almost guarantee he would. I once responded to a post in the men's only thread because I was clicking in new posts, and Dee messaged me with a very kind post to make me aware of it.

Thank you to each of you who have supported me, and continue to. You are loved and appreciated.

❤️Delilah