Thread: Step 7
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 05:06 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
PeaceInSilence

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Peace, another thought-

Progress is an imperfect system, so to speak. We learn and keep going- and get better at handling our character defects...and at times the same vexing behaviors pop up yet again! I was talking about y impatience or judgmentalness or probably bothe other day, and my friend said " oh August, I'm almost six years sober and I haven't solved those yet!" She reminded me about progress not perfection, you know?

I also feel like certain flaws pop up at different times depend g on life, situations, people, whatever...so that's what I focus on improving at that time. If I ever thought I could fix myself completely I would be sorely disappointed, and not grateful for what I have learned to be better at doing!
August thank you so much for this. I know that through time I'll learn more about myself and this journey I'm on. Like you say, things pop up and different emotions arise so I guess it's the awareness of it and how I handle those situations now. I'm so very grateful to even be able to identify this and it shows how much a year can change your thinking.