Thread: Step 7
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 01:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
PeaceInSilence

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
As often love what my Friends above contributed.

I was told early on, and still work to increase an understanding of, what the involvement of my ego means. It means obvious stuff like "thinking of myself first" i.e. "What do I want." There are less obvious things like intent and motive. Example: a parent works hard and creatively to give a kid he best birthday party ever...thinks it's for the child, his friends, the whole she bang. Is it really...or is it so the parent can feel liked best parent around, maybe congratulate themselves for being such an awesome?

My husband and I often use the term Flipping It. Example...turning the question of why is this happening to me? Into...what did I do to contribute to this happening?

I too use the 10 step inventory every morning- see pp 84-88 for this and elaboration on thoughts about me not being the center of the universe, criticism of others, etc. I use it to reflect on the prior day bc I feel like sleeping on it gives me a little more honest perspective answer.

Service to others is the other big one that gets me out of myself. Even small things like letting someone with fewer items than I have go ahead in the grocery line is service.

Definitely a daily work in progress!
Thank you August - I guess this is just a process and will take time. I do look at myself a lot in situations that arise but I still feel a part of me still thinks....poor peace....!

Pages 84-88 thank you!

Peace