View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 09:45 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
MyLittleHorsie

I am glad you have a diagnosis and hopefully a plan for treatment.

15 years ago both dh and my own parents were on the path to diabetes. My parents completely changed how they ate, exercised etc. They have never needed insulin. Dh's parents changed nothing, today we have lost one of dh's parents through an accident that recovery could have been possible. Dh's mom has a heart problem among other issues. Dh's family doesn't have weight issues, my family, well we are half Viking half Amazon lol At least that is our appearance. One parent in each family is having surgery, one is elective, one is necessary. The necessary surgery can not be done because the parent can't get their health issues under control. My parent is currently on a six month vacation until their surgery can be done. The point is, it is not too late to turn things around for you. You can do a lot with diet. As an aside neither of pur parents drink. That is why it is far worse for alcoholics. You have been given a chance in this diagnosis to make a positive and productive change in your life.