Old 08-06-2018, 06:08 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Originally Posted by brighterday1234 View Post
I have actually found that my experiences have felt like they did when I was a child in some ways. By that I mean the connectedness to nature and the universe has felt very childlike in the sense of wonder and sheer joy of just looking at the night’s sky, walks in nature, driving my car with the windows down and music blasting out etc. I guess alcohol and drugs tricked my brain into thinking they were required to appreciate what was there all along. I think the spiritual way of living has basically tapped back into the purity of childlike gratitude and sense of wonder for things that then get taken for granted as society knocks it out of you in adulthood.

Fundamentally it takes time and a real commitment to recovery as no1 priority in your life. When you put work into something you usually always get the rewards. Like revising for an exam; those who revise more usually get better grades.
I agree, there have been moments like this, but as far as life all being carefree and fun, it's probably best to find some acceptance around the fact that as adults there are likely to be some days that just aren't like that. Realistic expectations and all that.

BB