Old 08-06-2018, 05:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
brighterday1234

Yes!!!! My story is very similar to yours. I can 100% say that I feel as I did before I touched alcohol and it hadn’t corrupted my brain. My experience is exactly that as described in the book Alcoholics Anonymous; I am a recovered alcoholic. I have a total freedom in my life and I find myself connected to nature and the world around me in ways I never thought possible in sobriety. Essentially what I used to get from alcohol and drugs in terms of a sense of calmness and connectedness I get with my recovery and the spirituality that is fundamental to my recovery. It doesn’t happen overnight however and it takes many years. It is absolutely possible to get recovered so that alcohol doesn’t register in your brain anymore.

I am totally abstinent from any mind altering drugs; there is no recovery for me with any recreational drugs with addiction potential involved. No alcohol, drugs, cigarettes for this alcoholic.

It’s also important to be mindful
Of depression too. Depression can make one lose interest in anything they used to find fun
and many alkies-addicts self medicate depression without realising it. Best to seek medical help if that’s the case in my experience.