Old 08-01-2018, 06:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

alwayscovering…...it seems, to me, like you are feeling the inequity of the amount of work that is landing on your shoulders....coupled with what feels like being unappreciated and taken for granted....
I think that this is an issue that plagues a majority of women (mostly, but not all) who are part of a household/family.....
It seems like this has been an ongoing social issue for as long as I can remember....There is lots of research and evidence that the female still shoulders the larger amount of physical and mental work of caring for the home and family.....And, so much of the work goes unnoticed and unappreciated for how overwhelming it can be.....
I know that I have felt it, before.....and, it can become a simmering resentment in a marriage relationship...…

Actually, it was less of an issue, with me, when I was a single, working parent, with 3 children...lol....
I think that was, maybe, because I had farm experience, early in my life...where everyone...even youngest children pitched in to help with the work....and, even the men helped in the k itchen and could put a complete meal on the table....
So, as a single parent...my children all helped out (in age appropriate ways)…..
Unfortunately, I married men who did not come from such a background....lol...
It was an issue in my first marriage....
But, with my "good", wonderful, next husband...we were able to work out a more equitable existence....

I think, that, in your case, you may already have resentments for other reasons, so that this is, maybe, just another layer of resentment...enough to bring you to a "tipping" point.....

lol...it seems like you talk share a lot about wanting to "flip" out on him.....
Lots of resentments?