Old 07-30-2018, 10:19 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
honeypig

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
qtpi…..why do you think there are no books about healing after abuse?....If you go to amazon.com.....there are several books on healing after abuse....just type in "healing after abuse" in the book section...there are also lots of reviews on those books that you can read....
And what I like to do is find the book at my local library, read it, and THEN decide if I want to purchase it. Two great inexpensive options in addition to Amazon are Abe Books and Thrift Books (google for more info).

Up in the stickies section, where dandy is always asking people to go, there is a whole section dedicated to recovery books recommended by SR members. It's here: https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...d-members.html (Miscellaneous books recommended by the members.)

I often think with tremendous gratitude of those who went before us, back when Alanon meetings were only "word of mouth." Nowadays, we have help available via internet, telephone, chat room, forum, podcast and good old f2f meetings, not to mention that there is a plethora of books, CDs, DVDs, and YouTube videos on every recovery-related topic we could want.

There is a TON of help available, and it's not limited to what's in the Alanon bookstore, that's for sure! No, it's never easy to struggle w/addiction and all its associated problems, but I feel pretty confident in saying that we have far, far more resources available to us today than ever before.