View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 01:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
AmbyMarie

10 weeks sober and feel “weird”

Okay, so I’ve made it 10 weeks and have ZERO desire to drink, I can’t stand the thought of alcohol!! And after week 1 of sobriety, I started feeling better, less anxiety, sleeping better, more energy etc. However, the last week or so, I have been feeling paranoid and suffering from the health anxiety I had in the beginning to where it’s on my mind constantly and I’m started to wonder if I’m having psychosomatic symptoms because of course I’ve ran to Dr. Google a few times🙄 For one thing, a few months back, I hurt my right shoulder at work and it hurt off and on for a month. Now it seems to be hurting again and I think it is due to liver damage ugh!! I’m constantly checking my eyes even though they are bright white, but I imagine there is a spot of yellow. I also feel “twinges” in my right side after Dr. Google! I felt great, so if my liver was screwed, why would I start getting “symptoms” over 2 months of staying sober?? I’ve also adopted a vegan lifestyle for the last 5 weeks so not sure what is going on!! Is this common? I abused alcohol on and off for 14 years, only taking breaks during my 2 pregnancies. I was a binge drinker, getting drunk 2-3 days a week towards the end, but I always liked to party when I was younger! The thought of having liver disease at 35 years old scares me and I think that is why I’m imagining “symptoms” all of a sudden!! I know I need to get a checkup, but need to save some money. Can anyone else relate? Is this an anxiety thing? Is this common in recovery?? When I was drinking, I never really thought about my liver, now I’m obsessed with it!