View Single Post
Old 07-28-2018, 11:49 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
AdiosBudLight

Hello All! Day 3 and I am feeling great! Slept like a baby last night, and have taken no medication this morning. I had 2 bottles of O'Doul's in my fridge that I had been drinking last time I tried to get sober. I poured them out last night. It felt good. I was a little groggy this morning though. Don't know why, but maybe because I OVERslept. I was able to enjoy a cup of coffee for the first time in months. I hadn't been able to drink coffee for the longest as it would increase my already elevated heart rate that I would wake up with everyday due to withdrawal. I did not mention before that I am currently in the midst of filing for divorce from my husband, and he and I still live together. He is not supportive at all, and is extremely selfish, which is why I've had my best friend coming to stay with me at night and check on me during the day. He literally doesn't care. He came home with an 18 pack of Bud Light last night, and I just ignored him. He said, "What? You're not drinking anymore?" I said, "Not today." His reply was, "Oh, so now you're better than everyone else?" My reply was, "No, just better than the person I was 3 days ago." He is not as bad of an alcoholic as I am, but still has a serious problem. But that is HIS problem. I can only work on me. As he drank and drank, I noticed how annoying he was, and thought to myself...."****..was I that obnoxious too??" Anyway, I had zero urge to drink, and just held my little boy tight and watched movies all night. I felt good about it. One thing I've noticed in the last couple days is that food tastes different - better. Also, my first thought this morning was not to make a 7-11 run for an 18 pack, but to make a run to Home Depot to get some new pots and plants to garden with my son. He likes to play in the dirt I realize that I'm still only three days in, but I feel so good, and my brain is so less clouded. Her's to a happy day 3.. I'm off to Home Depot! Have a beautiful day everyone!