View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 09:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
PaigeMasters

Relapse Dreams- ARGH!

Does anyone else have these ? They are so unsettling to me. I get two versions of these.

The first I am drunk but I really don’t remember even taking one drink! I feel like I didn’t really relapse because for the life of me I have no recollection of intentionally taking a drink. But yet I know I somehow did because I am inebriated. Ugh!

In the second version, I am actively relapsing. Last night I dreampt that I had somehow gotten a box of beer (lol- don’t even think that exists). I was at my grandparents’ house (they passed away eons ago). I was telling myself that drinking beer is better than wine. Then I go to dispense and realize it’s indeed wine. I am simultaneously happy and worried as wine was my go-to beverage. I realize I need a better mug to hide it in, so I sneak it into a mug in the kitchen. I take my first sip and my daughter walks in. I am worried I will get caught. I feel horribly guilty but just tell myself that I will only have this one glass and it will be okay. But I know full well I will drink the entire box. I even think about the awful hangover I will have!

I am so tired of these dreams. They are really unsettling. I woke up going “THANK GOD that was only a dream!” I tend to dream about things I worry about.

Does anyone else experience this and what do you make of it?