View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 09:03 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
RoverVA

Day 2 accomplished since my last drink. I was awake until late last night and couldn't sleep for a while, ended up sleeping decent until 10 am, when my wife woke me up and she was upset that I was still sleeping. I tried to explain to her about my first night without alcohol, and I was exhausted and stayed up late. I know she is supportive, but she thinks I still should be able to act responsibly in front of the children 13, 11, and 7. what would they think if their dad is still asleep until 10 am. Since I work for myself, I have a flexible schedule, and I was hoping to go through this week recovering from withdrawal and detox without someone being upset with me. But I am committed to get this drinking behind me. I supposed only those of us understand what we go through during the first few days, weeks, from the recovery.

I can tell you that I already feel better in just 2 days, I am taking 3 tablets of Oxazepam daily, and I didn't really feel any major withdrawal symptoms, except a little bored, sleepy and tired. Eating a lot of food like crazy though.