Old 07-23-2018, 01:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
soberista

Originally Posted by Truthseeker11 View Post
Well all I have to do is look in the mirror at the 20 lbs of alcohol weight I gained, my wardrobe that no longer fits, the energy I never have, the money I’ve spent on alcohol, among other things. I have Naltrexone which works for me, I have to take a lower dose because of nausea but it works. I guess you could say I’m just very motivated this time. Workouts will become a daily part of my life. Reading books, reading SR, eating well again, practicing love for myself and others. I’m at the point of disgust. I detoxed in the ER for three hours then they sent me home to finish it with Librium. At some point we have to get our strength within ourselves even though suppprt is so very important. That’s what I’m here on this forum right now.

After 30 days I really don’t know. My psychological and spiritual journey will never end so I can’t say if I wouldn’t slowly start using it as a crutch again, however, I know I have been able to stop at two drinks in the past. The only way for me to know is to try. I do feel very confident that I will never go back to where I was three days ago. But I just don’t know. Psychologically it’s so so much easier for me to aim for 30 days than to say never again. I hope people understand where I’m coming from. I’m ready for this particular challenge. I can’t say never again for life.
Very interesting post.

Negatives.
Gained 20lbs.
Wardrobe doesnt fit anymore.
Money spent on alcohol
No energy
No money
Detox in hospital, medication on discharge to cope with remaining detox.
Alcohol is a crutch.

Used to be able to stop at 2 or 3 drinks but now drinks to the point of needing hospital detox.

Ok i dont see any positives with your drinking. Its easy to see that your drinking has progressed into an unmanageable place. It will continue.

A person without a drink problem doesnt even think about a site like this. They never even contemplate it. They most certainly are never admitted to hospital for a detox. They dont place themselves in a situation where they have to control their drinking for a determined period and are starting that thought process with when they will recommence drinking and their desire to drink will be reset.

Moderation/self moderation is like asking Father Christmas for a unicorn. It doesnt exist.

Im not in any way having a go. I negotiated with my AV for years. I'll only drink on Friday/Saturdays, only 1 bottle, blah blah blah. Its all bollocks. So i say all of the above because the sooner you get a plan, give up the booze and hop on board the sober bus the sooner you will start to make a huge list of positives about why you dont drink and why, moreover, never again is the best thing thats ever happened. So i wish you all the best. Love light and peace. Xx