View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 08:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sunshinelover

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Sunshine...if you aren't willing to throw the small ones back...you shouldn't be fishing, in the first place.........lol.....

When you are dating...you are supposed to judge! That is what dating is for....to find out what is compatable for what you want in your life....
I am not talking about the basic worth of human life....I am talking about choosing what you want in your life...and, what is in your best welfare....

It takes a long time to get to really know another person....everyone is on their best behavior during the first few months.....you have to give a few months for the "shiny" to wear off...before you know who you are dealing with,,,,,
Lesson to learn no doubt. This is my first experience dating after 35 years, so I did not know exactly what to look out for. I have been in two long relationships, both pretty healthy. I am learning, I knew right away that something was amiss when I couldn't discuss my feelings. And yes, the "shiny" certainly did wear off. What bothered me was how he talked so much about how I was mean and hurt HIS feelings. He said he even talked to his buddies on his way to their meeting. I told him that it's a shame they may have only heard his version. I by no means think I am perfect but I expect a lot from people, honesty, truth, that's what I have gotten and received in the past. I did fall for him because he PRESENTED himself as perfect for me. I don't know how to see thru people to their true motives apparently.