View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 05:51 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Pathwaytofree

Originally Posted by MindfulMan View Post
It took a minute. I still don't trust myself with open bottles of hard liquor in the house. Beer and wine OK, I can serve them and not want it myself.
Thanks, MindfulMan. I really appreciate all your posts on my threads. They've been very helpful.

I guess it's an individual thing. I am fine now being around beer, wine, and hard liquor. I get a little squirrely if someone is drinking a mixed drink that I used to enjoy. But I think I just need more time. If wine and beer now smell sour and putrid to me, I'm sure I'll get there with mixed drinks. I don't keep alcohol in my home. I don't feel comfortable serving it, either. But it's interesting to hear everyone's own comfort level.

Everyone is different, has different triggers, and different levels of triggering. I had a few cases of wine left in the house when I got back from rehab, I still have some left. Just not a temptation.
Wow. That would've tempted me. I still remember pouring bottles of wine down the sink, because I just didn't want them in my house. And I didn't trust myself enough to hang on to them to give away to a friend.

Vodka is though. I don't think I'll ever have hard liquor in my house, unless I buy it for a party, open it for guests, and send any remainder home with someone or immediately pour it out. Sounds like too much trouble tho. Nobody needs a cocktail that badly, and if they do, I'll drop them off at a treatment center!
Good point!