Old 07-20-2018, 09:20 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Truthseeker11

Originally Posted by PalmerSage View Post
I definitely would not test myself with pub trivia. I think it's way too soon. Even though you may make it through the evening, events like that are just too risky as triggers. Give yourself some space and time.
You may be right. There are times I quit last year before I met my bf, and I was able to drink Arnold Palmers and did fine. But my bf is kind of a trigger for me, moreso than the bar itself. I don’t know how to be myself around him anymore. He really put me through some crap while I came to terms with his distance and that the bar would always come before me. It took away so much of my confidence and self esteem. It’s a long story but yes I do blame him not for my alcoholism but for drinking way more as I felt increasingly unloveable due to his ways. Us alcoholics have a way of finding each other and causing each other a lot of suffering. I’d love for him to see me healthy and sober and then maybe he can contemplate what he lost, because I’ll never be with him. So that’s my main worry is feeling uncomfortable around him sober.
Maybe skipping it is best for now.