Old 07-20-2018, 08:51 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Truthseeker11

Thank you guys. Yes we can do this. I even think that if I work on my spirit enough in the coming days as well as the abstinence, I can go to the pub trivia and not need to drink. I’m lucky in that my friend who I go with is a non drinker, but on the other side of me sits my boyfriend. I think he wouldn’t know what hit him. I know he would be really impressed. He isn’t involved enough with me to want a drinking buddy. And I can’t let him buy wine for me anymore either. He does it because it’s the only way he can show love. That has to change. As much as this will be hard for me, it will be so much harder for him. He says he wants to stop going to the bar but so far I’ve only seen him get worse. He has gained probably 50 lbs all in his belly. I truly worry about his health. But, we are two sick people and I think distancing myself even further from him can only be a good thing. If your relationship is nothing but drinking together and the very occasional spending the night at his house, that’s not healthy.

You are right about the lies! I really don’t want to step foot inside a gas station and pollute my body and mind with those awful drinks. They’ve done so much damage to me and my life.