Thread: Gabe's Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 04:29 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Gabe1980

Well.....I survived! Phew. I am absolutely shattered, I could seriously go to bed for a couple of days. It's quite a quiet day at work today then I'm heading home, straight into pj's and I'm doing nothing but rest.

This week has made me really aware of some stuff I need to look at in my family relationships. I have a counsellor I haven't spoken to for a while, so I plan to make a couple of appointments with her. There are so many emotional triggers when I am around them that I feel completely flooded.

I did think....I'd like some red wine tonight....but that was quickly followed by...I've made my Big Plan and I don't drink anymore.....
I think things are coming together and I did manage this week quite well, though it really stretched my ability to cope.

Hi Tryingagin! Yup, multiple relapser here but this thread really helps to keep my motivation and connection to recovery. I tend to drift when I feel Ok and totally lose focus as to why drinking is so increadibly dangerous for me. It is a VERY GOOD THING to come here everyday and post. It will be great to see you around and we can do this my friend!

Thank you everyone for checking in and being part of this. It means alot to me.

Hi Venus! See you over on 24. love xx