View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 07:08 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Fearlessat50

Congratulations on nearing the end of your first week sober! It sounds like you have a good plan for now. I would suggest keep coming here and posting even after you feel like you’ve quit for good. I tried quitting several times, and often made it to a few months, then I got a bit complacent, felt I could just move on, and boom, I relapsed when I least expected One day I came home from work and decided it was a gorgeous day to sit in the porch with a Chardonnay. And there I went without a single thought about it. I’m currently over a year sober. I stopped coming here and stopped therapy several months ago feeling so strong and that alcohol is simply disgusting. Well, I’m back because things have changed and I am feeling more urges again. I found that the further i got away from that last drink, I started forgetting how bad the last binge felt and how bad off i was the months leading up to it. It has helped so much to come back here for support and I plan to make it a regular life change regardless of having any urges. I need to stay ahead of this problem and it feels good to be a part of this sober, helpful and responsible community.