Old 07-18-2018, 11:52 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
Are you playing favorites here ?
The warning applies to inferences that can or can not be made to GT relating his experience or what worked along side an experience that did not work .
Bashing ? I don't see it, I'm looking for it now that you have pointed it out.

The only way to read that that post is bashing 'a' method , any particular and specific method would be to assume that the term recovery only applies to one particular and specific method.

Stating , from experience, that the philosophy of adopting Recovery as a way of life, didn't/doesn't work is bashing any particular or one
method ?as opposed to simply disagreeing with the philosophy and anything that may incorporate it?

Up thread I said recovery was ending an addiction by making a decision to never use again and never changing your mind, I implied that anything not in that definition was not recovery.

An easy inference to make would be that that statement is bashing, as method, any and everything that is not making that decision , I feel slighted.
My response was to multiple posts in the thread. As one user noted further up in the thread, some references to 12 step were made by multiple users. I highlighted GT's response as an example of my second comment.

I'm not here to argue with anyone, just remind people of the rules. Most everyone knows the nature of the arguments that I am referring to as well. MG has explained it many times too.