Thread: Help
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 05:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

Seekinghelp…..about those messages...If it were me, and I knew the women well...I would tell them (in a very short message) that "He is an out of control drunk". And, leave it at that....everyone knows what to do with an out of control drunk message....ignore it!

You can't control him...and, you shouldn't have to clean up his messes....

I am glad that you have started alanon….it is for you, of course...not how to get him to stop drinking.

You said, last Feb, that you got "Co-Dependent No More" and began reading it....I am curious---did any of it resonate with you?

Have you been reading the over 100 articles in out library..from the link that I gave you? There were enough for you to read and digest one every single day...

Another suggestion...there are a lot of good presentations on YouTube on co-dependency.....you might enjoy some of them.....

Three Cs....
You didn t Cause it. You can't Control it. and you Can't fix it....

This is not about "throwing in a towel". It is about letting go of something that is destructive to you....It comes down to your own self-esteem and ability to love yourself enough to draw the line when you are being mistreated....

Marriage vows are a contract....and is only valid when both persons honor the contract.
Love, alone, is not enough....sometimes, a person has to love from a distance....