View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 02:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
REM700

I had a similar experience with multiple relapses after a short time of sobriety. You say that you're finding it difficult to live life sober, and I totally understand what you mean. I felt the same way in the beginning.

Then, after several tries, I started to realize that it was extremely more difficult to live life drinking.

You described "getting restless, irritable, depressed, anxious, uncomfortable" perfectly for the way I felt while dealing with the aftermath of my daily drinking.

Having those feelings every day was taking a toll on me, and those feelings didn't even begin to include the physical withdrawal symptoms while waiting for the daily vodka feedings.

You will find a lot of great advice here. When I finally stopped, I had a lot of spare time that I had to fill. Probably 5 hours per day during the week and all day on the weekends. The key for me, was finding something to do (preferably productive) to occupy my mind or help distract me from early cravings, which can be intense.

Needless to say, I spent a lot of time reading thread after thread on this site.