View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 04:35 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Dontpickitup

Thanks again for all the replies. The only real plan I have at the moment is not to drink. When I do get cravings I remind my self why I quit, and then think back on all the mistakes I've made because of drinking. Like drinking and driving. I didnt do it often, and feel strongly about it. But yet I've done it. Hell I've been pulled over a couple times while I was probably over the limit and by God's grace they didnt realize it. And for what? Nothing!
I do stay pretty busy with work, I also enjoy grilling and smoking meat. So I do have things to keep me distracted. When I have my daughter I certainly have enough to do. Lol. Today at work was a great step forward for me. Although I still feel a little off, and didn't get much sleep last night, I can already feel the difference with out booze in my system. My shakes were way better than they where while drinking, and I sweat less than half of what I typically do while drinking. I'm feeling good, and wish I would of quit sooner. I was always afraid of worse withdrawal, I feel lucky it's been something I can handle.