View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 09:19 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
FireSprite

Heeeeeeeey - is that CodeJob, de-lurking?!?

All great thoughts guys, thanks. I think every idea here is applicable depending on how one views their recovery. (lol Dandy!)

Just to be clear - I call it 50 shades of Everything when I'm thinking about it all from my own perspective....that's a conversation that never ends & goes in a million directions, lol.

To me, anything starting with "Re" immediately has negative connotations - you're getting over it, doing it again, correcting, etc. It's Latin roots as a prefix literally translate to repetition, doing things again & again, backward movement, etc. I don't feel like I'm stuck in a repetitive cycle any longer, even while I'll never be done growing & changing.

I was wanting a more positive, shared language way to share it in my conversations with others. I want to separate myself from that negative perception when I share My Story with others so that they hear the whole thing.

There's nothing wrong with the word recovery; again, it's my personal preference at play here. This is all part of my internal programming changes - layering together positive thoughts and words and actions starting from deep inside & moving up & out to the world around me. Mind/body/spirit