Thread: I met a guy...
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 05:07 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
velma929

Originally Posted by whatsagirltodo View Post
He got out of his car, and I peered down to see an open beer in his car. It became increasingly clear that he was drunk. I didn't want him driving home, so I asked him to lock his car and come hang out while he sobered up.
I would left,then and there, advising him to sober up before the drive home.

Pretty much since that evening, I have seen strange behaviour from him. He doesn't have a job, and sleeps the majority of the day. I also started receiving texts at all hours of the night.
I would not find this appealing or endearing

After I was done work, I went to his place with a bottle of wine.
I don't know what possesses anyone who sees someone with a drinking problem to bring that person alcohol.

I feel like over this weekend a switch went off in his brain. We were laughing and having fun one minute, then the next I could hear him throwing up in his master bath. I was standing in his living room when I also heard him yelling "F*** You!" at himself and I was immediately on alert. This was a wake up call that this guy was really, really drunk. He then after said something to me that really bothered me, so I decided to pack up and leave.
So far, the smartest action I've seen.

After I came home that was when I was bombarded with texts about how he got to my home town, and his family sent him here to get help. He has obviously relapsed and I can't help but feel it's my fault, but he shouldn't have been on an online dating site if he weren't ready. I now know that he has suffered from addictions to both drugs and alcohol in the past, and he should be actively seeking treatment.
I can see a lot of things in the 'shoulda' category.

He slept for a near 24 hours after that, to which he called and apologized, crying on the phone because he didn't want to lose what we have started to develop
According to your post,he sleeps a lot, anyways

I really need some advise on what I should be doing from here. I have mentioned to him today that I am concerned and need some time to think. I have obviously not been with him long at all but I have already developed feelings and a connection to him, and he is absolutely crazy about me in return.
Please help? What can I do?
He's not in any position to make sane decisions, but you are.

I'm genuinely curious: What is so appealing about a boy who doesn't work and sleeps all day? How will that play out when you've been together six months? You clock out of work and head over to whatever crappy room he's renting, or the condemned apartment house he's staying in, and get hammered, until the switch flips again? You've been at work, you might be ready for bed at 1 or 2 in the morning. He didn't roll out of bed until, what, 5:30, 6 pm? He'll just be getting started.

He's not inclined to work, so anything you do that requires money will be done with your money: eating out, going to a movie, seeing a concert, taking a drive in the country, all on your dime.

If you want a relationship limited to drinking and sex, he's probably up for that