View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 08:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Grassalley17

Just a few beers...

Good morning, I just wanted to share something that happened last night. I moved out on Monday and have been staying with friends. Yesterday was my husbands birthday, I agreed to have dinner with him (assuming he would not be drinking, stupid me).

I got out of work and met him at his office where he said: "Let's go to the pub and have dinner, I'm ready for a few beers." Me: "you're going to drink, I though you weren't drinking." AH: "I'm not drinking, I'm just going to have a few beers, it's my birthday, I have a plan, you don't get it." Me: "No, I don't get it, but neither do you apparently, I'm not going to drink with you or support your drinking, so I'm going to leave (and go to my friends house)." Him: "I'm going to go home." We leave together, we took public transportation together and then he tells me that he still wants to hangout. I told him, I would hangout with him and have dinner if he's not drinking. Me: "I'm not living at home right now because of your drinking." He said: "All I want is to be with you, I won't drink." We ended up going to dinner and had soda water and had an ok time, it was a struggle for him, but he did it. We then went our separate ways after dinner. I don't know if he drank when he got home.

I'm proud of myself for sticking to how I feel. The old me, would have gone along with it and then felt guilty for not sticking to what I want, and mad at myself for allowing him to drink with me, so I'm glad I did that.

I'm moving into my own space for two weeks, I haven't told him this yet, I think he's hoping I will come home, but I am adamant that real results need to happen, real commitment and work needs to take place. This isn't going to be easy, but I know I can do it. I need to do it!

Thanks for listening (reading)