Old 07-12-2018, 05:24 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
LoveHateWhine

Good Morning, Dee! Thanks for your comments.

Welcome home Plenny! Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Dee - that salesman always shows up around the same time - either around the 21 days mark or the 8-9-10th of a month. I have actually mentally tracked the "slips" for quite awhile now, hence the need to be extra vigilant during these times.

I have decided that the 8-9-10 thing has to be hormonal because that's when he's knocking on the door without fail. There is no scientific evidence or even theory to this, but it IS definitely a pattern. The 21-day thing is also a pattern. My best guess on that one is that by this time, the alcohol is completely out of my system and so any feelings or emotions are real and raw and not numbed by alcohol. The things I perceive to be real issues are smacking me right in the face hard. I know alcohol will not change a thing, yet the salesman thinks it will.

You might remember I went to that holistic practitioner awhile back because I felt "out of sorts" or "out of balance". She said the words should be "disconnected", due to the lack of having any real daily contact with anyone other than work folks. The whole loneliness and friends thing again. I continue to try very hard to make "connnections" though, but sometimes it feels just hopeless. I get disgusted sometimes but I keep trying. This weekend I am going away on my business trip a few days early to visit with some friends who live in the same area where my meetings will be, and they always bring my mood up.

I will add that today is the anniversary of my husband's death and while it has been many years now, it always make me a bit sad. Not so sad as in the early years, but sad just the same.

The salesman finally went away last night as I ate an entire bag of Skinny Pop Cheddar Cheese popcorn in one sitting. And not the single serve bag either. HA HA.

Anyway, back to work. Hope everyone has a great day.