Thread: Gabe's Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 04:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Gabe1980

Checking in today.......feeling really rough still. I thought I would be a lot better today but not the case. Mind you, I did drink a lot in two days and have a bit of a cheek to think I would get off lightly.

I've bought a book for my recovery work. It has separate sections and I want to use them in the following way:

1) To copy my letter into it and to write a description of everything I have been feeling the last few days and what I remember from by last awful bout of drinking.
2) AV activity and what I notice and become aware of day to day.
3) Counter-statements to all the BS and lies that start to sneak it. Such as....'It's not that big a deal, you can have a few and then start again tomorrow!' OH it is that big a deal, it really, really is.
4) Stuff I would like to do in my new, real life. Ideas and inspirations, that kind of thing.

Once I get a proper nights sleep, I think that I will get my motivation back and I'm going to tackle this with everything I've got.

I've had amazing support and suggestions from everyone. I really appreciate it. Thank you for posting. Gabe xxx