Old 07-06-2018, 11:05 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
goodbyeevan

LHW, that is such a bummer! I'm sorry it didn't turn out exactly as you wanted. Sounds disappointing and heart breaking. And it makes me sad, even without a background story. Please feel free to share more if you wanted. I hope your family changes their tunes before you leave. I understand how it feels to not have your feelings reciprocated. Or you put alot of work into something or go out of your way for people and they dont seem to care. Sometimes people are just ignorant.

My sponsor keeps telling me to have no expectations of anyone or any situation. It's difficult and almost impossible it seems and I am not any good at it, at all. But maybe one of these days I'll get the hang of it because it seems like it would be helpful in situations like that. I've been trying to keep it in my mind for the wedding I'm attending tomorrow. Ughh

I'll just say that I self harmed quite a bit when younger and went to a mental hospital at 14 after a failed suicide attempt. I would only self harm or attempt it when black out drunk later in my life. I hope to have put that behind me for the most part. But I hope that no-one in a meeting would throw around suicide like that. I think I'll just let it go and worry about myself instead of him. I do understand the expression though, but perhaps not the use of it in that particular setting.

Lame note to end on, sorry! Cant believe I'm still up, think I'm just procrastinating because I'm really dreading being around drunk people. I must find a way to enjoy myself or at least be helpful.