View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 07:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

WhiteFeathers….then you know that it is only going to get worse than it is.....
And, I would suggest that you find the ways to stop depending on him, at all.....I was a single parent of 3 small children, when I divorced their father.....and, I learned that I had to function totally without any "help" from him.
I know how convenient it is to have a driver, before work...but, I couldn't depend on anything....and, I had a job that I had to be at the hospital at ten minutes till 7 in the AM.....
It sure isn't easy!
Also, it is a set-up for disaster to drag a drunk guy to a brunch where mimosas are flowing, and expect a good result.....
Norman Rockwell fantasies of family togetherness, mostly have to go by the wayside with an active alcoholic.....
It is so sad to hear about your son going over to his house to pour out his liquor....the poor child already is taking on his shoulders to try to control his dad's drinking.....too much for a child to try to take on...…
I know that living next door fed the idea that he could still live the illusion of happy and connected family unit...but, that is just low lying fruit for the active alcoholic to throw a monkey wrench for every best-laid plan.....

I think, that, for an abusive and out of control alcoholic...firm boundaries, all around is the best thing....the most workable thing....
because you can't control him, and he can't control himself...…

I know that I sound like an old meanie......but, I speak from experience and have the scars to show, for it...…
I am trying to help you....
lol...I think that I suggested in one of your past threads that you would need to grow a really thick rhino skin......