Thread: Antidepressants
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 06:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Rar

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Regardless of which neurotransmitters (if any) are out of balance, the solution is going to be at least partially in your nutrition and some exercise. Even if you do decide at some point to take pharmaceuticals, why not support your body and mind the best natural way you can?

Can you go to a pool? Even sitting/upper body stuff will help. It's not just for weight loss or something to do - exercise actually physically changes things in the nervous system.

I did lot of nutrition research. There is lots of info online about it. Food is super important. I also take a mulitvitamin/multi-mimineral supplement and Vitamin D - for me VitD was a game-changer! It changed me dramatically. I used to spend all winter in a listless funk. No more.
Yes, I can go to a pool. Our new house is right across the street from the clubhouse and POOL! . It's so close I can throw a stone over there. My foot incision is still not completely healed, but maybe next week the scab will be gone. I have water weights and there are at least 3 water exercise classes offered. There are also other classes such as, "Sit and Be Fit", etc that I could do, but I just can't get off my butt to do them. Come to think of it, I haven't taken my Vitamin D in a while. I do not think I will be adding an antidepressant. Sometimes I think that the people think their antidepressants eventually work is that they are so miserable during the side effects that when the side effects stop, they think the antidepressant is working. Sort of like banging your head against the wall because it feels so good when you stop.