View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 02:37 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Kat1313

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Kat - I was a person who kept a drink on my night stand so when I woke up shaking I could take a sip. At the end of my 30 yr drinking career, I was completely dependent on it & didn't see how I'd ever stop. I know how fragile we are in those early days of trying to let go of it. But every day we're a little bit stronger, a little more determined - and happy to be getting free. As I've said, I have over 10 yrs. sober now - so I know you can do this.
Hevyn,
Congrats on over 10 years sober! What an accomplishment! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 I’m going to visualize myself 10 years from today writing “I have been 10 years sober” to someone in need of support and encouragement. That , too, could be a part of my plan! I’m doing great today; 3 days sober and no cravings (thanks to all of you fine people and your contributions to my determined state of mind). Went out with my family today and enjoyed every second of it. Apart from those pesky feelings of regret and shame as I have mentioned before. Can’t seem to stop dwelling on my recent past just yet. But I’m trying. Positive thinking helps but only when I can actually distract myself with positive thoughts and desire to be present for my son and husband. Desire to be in the moment and to register it as “my happy thoughts”. Also, reading posts and feedbacks, especially, on SR have been hugely helpful and eye-opening for me over the past three days. Thank you for thinking of me and for making me part of your day today! Best to you!